On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of its App Store, Apple has revived the specially developed game classic Texas Hold'em for iOS. New characters and an improved graphic should distinguish the update from the original. In addition, the challenging gameplay has been redesigned.
Texas Hold'em is back!
With Texas Hold'em, Apple brings back one of its first games for the App Store, which appeared on the 5th generation iPod in 2006 and premiered in the App Store in 2008 for $ 4.99. The new version is free, requires iOS 12 or later on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and uses 1.5 GB of memory. There are no in-app purchases.
Texas Hold'em Features:
- Opponents offer, bluff and collude
- When winning, the player moves into the next round
- 10 distinctive locations, including Las Vegas, Paris and Macau
- For the first time with dynamic game tips, statistics and player ratings
- Can be played completely free (both online and offline)
- Play against up to eight friends in Wi-Fi multiplayer mode
- I-perspective and the top-down view
- Graphics have been re-rendered for high-resolution displays
- Developed for iOS 12 and newer
Apple celebrates 10 years App Store
Since July 2018, Apple celebrates the anniversary of its App Store, which started on July 10, 2008 with 500 apps. Especially for this Apple has published the web special “The App Store is 10 Years”, on which the company gives a little insight into the past, present and future of the App Store.
Also on its 10th anniversary, Apple released its first game since Texas Hold'em in May with its reinterpretation of Warren Buffett's Paper Wizard. Of course, not without ulterior motives, because first rumors speak of the fact that Apple thereby provide a little taste of Apple Arcade and would like to appear in future as a publisher of smartphone games.
Apple Arcade will launch in the fall of 2019 in over 150 countries and at the beginning “With over 100 new and exclusive games” can come up with.